lucky7
Grande gueule / Big mouth
lucky7

Masculin
Emploi : RSM
Loisirs : vive les armes a feu.

OPEN CARRY BBQ IN U.S.:  Empty
MessageSujet: OPEN CARRY BBQ IN U.S.:    OPEN CARRY BBQ IN U.S.:  Icon_minitimeMer 17 Aoû 2011 - 13:40

OPEN CARRY BBQ IN U.S.: The second annual Right to Carry Barbecue aimed to be a low-key affair – and it apparently succeeded. Supporters of the Maine Open Carry Association gather near Back Cove in Portland today to show support for the right to carry holstered firearms in public. The gathering at Back Cove today was organized by the Maine Open Carry Association, a group that promotes people’s right to carry holstered firearms in public. “We’re just here to meet like-minded people and have some fun,” said Shane Belanger, a co-founder of the group. Belanger organized last year’s event, which drew some 125 participants as well as a group of about 30 who rallied nearby for gun control. About 20 people met up for today's event, while a couple of people played with a Frisbee nearby and others walked along the path. The attendees – some of whom came from the midcoast and York County – stood around with holstered guns, chatting as they waiting for someone to bring the grill. Belanger, a University of Southern Maine student, said the group wants to show that it’s not just criminals who carry firearms. He said law-abiding people do as well, but others may just not realize it. (The Portland Press Herald – August 15, 2011)

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
CoyoteQuebec
CoyoteQuebec

MessageSujet: Re: OPEN CARRY BBQ IN U.S.:    OPEN CARRY BBQ IN U.S.:  Icon_minitimeJeu 25 Aoû 2011 - 11:36

Wish we could carry here! Either concealed or openly but carry safely.

Just thought,

CQ
lucky7
lucky7

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: OPEN CARRY BBQ IN U.S.:    OPEN CARRY BBQ IN U.S.:  Icon_minitimeJeu 25 Aoû 2011 - 11:44

tu n'est pas le seul.
CoyoteQuebec
CoyoteQuebec

MessageSujet: Re: OPEN CARRY BBQ IN U.S.:    OPEN CARRY BBQ IN U.S.:  Icon_minitimeJeu 25 Aoû 2011 - 11:56

Peut-être quand les poules auront des dents! (When chickens will fly south!)

CQ
lucky7
lucky7

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: OPEN CARRY BBQ IN U.S.:    OPEN CARRY BBQ IN U.S.:  Icon_minitimeVen 26 Aoû 2011 - 8:32

tu devrait aller visiter Canadacarry.org. une organisation creer a Montreal.
CoyoteQuebec
CoyoteQuebec

MessageSujet: Re: OPEN CARRY BBQ IN U.S.:    OPEN CARRY BBQ IN U.S.:  Icon_minitimeVen 26 Aoû 2011 - 10:46

I've known of Canadacarry.org for some years now. The reason i have only limited interest in this right now is that there is so much to do before we get to a constructive debate on carrying firearms legally in Canada, that it's practically pointless to debate "carrying" when we are still fighting very basic prejudice against firearms, firearms owners and users.

I totally support the cause but it is way ahead of the curve in our conservative country. Canadians aren't used or comfortable with being in contact with armed military or Police much less civilians. We all know about the firearms registry which was put together following the Polytechnique massacre to appease a very vocal and mostly misinformed anti-gun lobby.

Also, the current civilian firearms training programs are completely inadequate for carrying legally in Canada, muchless in Quebec where institutions, government agencies and the Sureté du Québec are hopelessly narrow-minded, short sighted, incompetent, prejudice and backwards.

CQ

Noodles
Noodles

Emploi : Jedi

MessageSujet: Re: OPEN CARRY BBQ IN U.S.:    OPEN CARRY BBQ IN U.S.:  Icon_minitimeVen 26 Aoû 2011 - 11:34

CoyoteQuebec a écrit:
I've known of Canadacarry.org for some years now. The reason i have only limited interest in this right now is that there is so much to do before we get to a constructive debate on carrying firearms legally in Canada, that it's practically pointless to debate "carrying" when we are still fighting very basic prejudice against firearms, firearms owners and users.

I totally support the cause but it is way ahead of the curve in our conservative country. Canadians aren't used or comfortable with being in contact with armed military or Police much less civilians. We all know about the firearms registry which was put together following the Polytechnique massacre to appease a very vocal and mostly misinformed anti-gun lobby.

Also, the current civilian firearms training programs are completely inadequate for carrying legally in Canada, muchless in Quebec where institutions, government agencies and the Sureté du Québec are hopelessly narrow-minded, short sighted, incompetent, prejudice and backwards.

CQ

+999999999999999
gunguru
Administrateur principal
Administrateur principal
gunguru

Masculin
Loisirs : EP & Taponner mes guns

MessageSujet: Re: OPEN CARRY BBQ IN U.S.:    OPEN CARRY BBQ IN U.S.:  Icon_minitimeVen 26 Aoû 2011 - 11:51

Agree.

Tant qu'on pourra s'passer du cimetière
Avoir du fun, manger, baiser pis boire
Tant qu'on pourra entre joyeux copains
Tapocher l'cul d'une belle bouteille de vin

[Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien]
lucky7
lucky7

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: OPEN CARRY BBQ IN U.S.:    OPEN CARRY BBQ IN U.S.:  Icon_minitimeVen 26 Aoû 2011 - 16:51

i agree that we will not see it in the near futur, but i still support them. Since when it will be time for the debate, they will have my back. Specialy in Quebec, with all the laws they have and the ones that the goverment wants to do, we need to stick together.

CSSA + Canada carry = the real futur that we whish.

OPEN CARRY BBQ IN U.S.:
Page 1 sur 1