12 participants
AuteurMessage
Marinia
Grande gueule / Big mouth
Marinia

Masculin

I don't think you understand our problem Empty
MessageSujet: I don't think you understand our problem    I don't think you understand our problem Icon_minitimeMer 6 Fév 2013 - 19:51

The Sierra Club and the U. S. Forest Service were presenting an alternative to the Wyoming ranchers for controlling the coyote population. It seems that after years of the ranchers using the tried and true method of shooting or trapping the predators, the Sierra Club had a "more humane" solution to this issue. What they were proposing was for the animals to be captured alive. The males would then be castrated and let loose again. This was ACTUALLY proposed by the Sierra Club and by the U. S. Forest Service.

All of the ranchers thought about this amazing idea for a couple of minutes. Finally an old fellow wearing a big cowboy hat in the back of the conference room stood up, tipped his hat back and said, "Son, I don't think you understand our problem here. These coyotes ain't fuckin' our sheep, they're eatin' 'em!" The meeting never really got back to order.

Lol.......
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Noodles
Noodles

Emploi : Jedi

MessageSujet: Re: I don't think you understand our problem    I don't think you understand our problem Icon_minitimeMer 6 Fév 2013 - 19:53

LOL
1clickdown
1clickdown

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: I don't think you understand our problem    I don't think you understand our problem Icon_minitimeMer 6 Fév 2013 - 19:59

lol Mr Green big smile Mr Green
n0th1ng
n0th1ng

Masculin

MessageSujet: Re: I don't think you understand our problem    I don't think you understand our problem Icon_minitimeMer 6 Fév 2013 - 20:00

HAHAHAHA !!!
Buffalo
Buffalo

Loisirs : milsurps et autres vieux cossins

MessageSujet: Re: I don't think you understand our problem    I don't think you understand our problem Icon_minitimeMer 6 Fév 2013 - 20:05

lol!
captainmike
captainmike

Masculin
Emploi : tuyauteur/soudeur stainless
Loisirs : Trop

MessageSujet: Re: I don't think you understand our problem    I don't think you understand our problem Icon_minitimeMer 6 Fév 2013 - 20:09

trop fort le vieux cowboy mais tellement raison
lol!
tireur53
tireur53

Masculin
Emploi : mecanique
Loisirs : la vie

MessageSujet: Re: I don't think you understand our problem    I don't think you understand our problem Icon_minitimeMer 6 Fév 2013 - 20:30

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile c'est souvent ceux qui vives le probleme qui ont la solution
MrFlagellipo
Actif / Active
Actif / Active

Masculin
Loisirs : chasse peche cuisine

MessageSujet: Re: I don't think you understand our problem    I don't think you understand our problem Icon_minitimeMer 6 Fév 2013 - 21:13

HAhahahah excellent call...

par contre .... il me semble avoir lu quelque part (corriger moi si me trompe) que les coyotes réagissent fortement aux variation de population...

c'est a dire que si le nombre d'individu d'un secteur chute plus ou moins considérablement les adultes en age de se reproduire se ''mettrons à l'ouvrage'' pour rétablir la population... ce qui fait que cette espèce est très dure à régulariser...

la castration des mâles est donc une hypothèse qui mériterais d'être testée... (mais bien sur à des coûts exorbitants)

je fait des recherches un peu plus approfondis et je vous reviens la dessus!

Marc L.
appache

Emploi : Militaire
Loisirs : chasse, tir , survie , airsoft, systema, jeep lecture...

MessageSujet: Re: I don't think you understand our problem    I don't think you understand our problem Icon_minitimeMer 6 Fév 2013 - 21:29

Une autre idée des anti chasse.. La chasse saine régule la population..
appache

Emploi : Militaire
Loisirs : chasse, tir , survie , airsoft, systema, jeep lecture...

MessageSujet: Re: I don't think you understand our problem    I don't think you understand our problem Icon_minitimeMer 6 Fév 2013 - 21:41

Une autre idée des anti chasse.. La chasse saine régule la population..
MrFlagellipo
Actif / Active
Actif / Active

Masculin
Loisirs : chasse peche cuisine

MessageSujet: Re: I don't think you understand our problem    I don't think you understand our problem Icon_minitimeMer 6 Fév 2013 - 22:01

bon c'est juste une partie du texte.... ca rejoint un peu ce que je disait plus haut...
le lien pour le texte original est a la fin!!!

Compensatory natality and mortality. A key assumption in the C-L model, and in all other coyote population models known to me, is the principle of compensatory natality and mortality. That is, removal of coyotes enhances conditions for the animals that survive exploitation so that birth rates are higher and natural mortality lower than in the unexploited population. These phenomena were simulated in the C-L model by density dependent functions; i.e., equations that caused average litter size, proportions of female coyotes producing young, and proportions of animals dying of natural causes to vary with relative coyote density (Figs. 2-4 in Connolly and Longhurst 1975).

A few reports published since 1975 have reiterated the existence and importance of compensatory or density dependent relationships in coyote population dynamics (Connolly 1978; Sterling et al. 1983). Variations in emigration rates also may be density dependent (Knowlton and Stoddart 1983). Thus, the assumption of density dependent compensations in birth and death rates appears to be as valid in 1995 as it was in 1975.

Explicit quantification of the magnitude of these compensatory responses, however, was lacking in 1975 and remains equally lacking in 1995. Connolly and Longhurst (1975) presented birth and death rate functions as speculative and pointed out a need for additional research to refine them. The C-L model was constructed so that improved functions could readily replace the initial ones. As of 1995, however, improved functions have not been forthcoming, and the specific forms of these functions remain a matter of speculation. If further work is done with the C-L model, sensitivity analyses would be desirable to determine how much the model output is affected by changes in the shapes and slopes of these functions.

[Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien]
foudetir
foudetir

MessageSujet: Re: I don't think you understand our problem    I don't think you understand our problem Icon_minitimeMer 6 Fév 2013 - 22:26

Marinia a écrit:
The Sierra Club and the U. S. Forest Service were presenting an alternative to the Wyoming ranchers for controlling the coyote population. It seems that after years of the ranchers using the tried and true method of shooting or trapping the predators, the Sierra Club had a "more humane" solution to this issue. What they were proposing was for the animals to be captured alive. The males would then be castrated and let loose again. This was ACTUALLY proposed by the Sierra Club and by the U. S. Forest Service.

All of the ranchers thought about this amazing idea for a couple of minutes. Finally an old fellow wearing a big cowboy hat in the back of the conference room stood up, tipped his hat back and said, "Son, I don't think you understand our problem here. These coyotes ain't fuckin' our sheep, they're eatin' 'em!" The meeting never really got back to order.

Lol.......

Hun, comprend pas? big smile
Maximus
Maximus

MessageSujet: Re: I don't think you understand our problem    I don't think you understand our problem Icon_minitimeJeu 7 Fév 2013 - 18:26

Marinia a écrit:

Lol.......
Non! My God........J'aurais aimer voir la binette de monde lorsqu'ils ont entendus cette réplique big smile

Popymoy
Modérateur
Modérateur
Popymoy

Masculin
Emploi : Retraité
Loisirs : Tout ce qui me fait du bien et m'oxygène l'esprit

MessageSujet: Re: I don't think you understand our problem    I don't think you understand our problem Icon_minitimeJeu 7 Fév 2013 - 18:29

lol!

I don't think you understand our problem
Page 1 sur 1